Time: 9am – 6pm
Activities: Kayaking, Hiking, Swimming, Wildlife
Details: Approx. 4 hrs kayaking on the Colorado River. Water conditions are mostly flat, but can be choppy depending on wind & waves. Some sections have strong eddy lines and currents.
Equipment: Kayaks are high end, stable, and have rudders for steering. All safety equipment is provided, with dry bags. Single or tandem boats available.
Hiking: Short hike through thick vegetation. Rocky desert terrain, mostly sand and volcanic rock.
Distance: 5-6 miles – Difficulty: Easy-Moderate
Class: Moving Flat water – Skill Level: Beginner +
Try our 1/2 Day Lake Mead Tour
All participants must sign a release of liability waiver and statement of medical health prior to trip.
- It is your responsibility to inform us of medical conditions, ailments, disabilities, allergies, injuries, or other conditions that may affect the safety of yourself and the group.
- Cancellations made 14 days in advance will receive a full refund, minus a 6% processing fee.
- Cancellations made within 7-13 days will receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations made within 3-6 days will receive a 25% refund.
- Absolutely NO refunds will be issued for cancellations within 48 hours of a reservation.
- Day trips can be rescheduled with at least 48 hours notice. Multi-day trips can be rescheduled with at least 14 days notice (Rescheduling fees will apply).
- Rescheduling fees of $25 per person for guided trips, and $10 per person for self-guided trips will be assessed for any change in date. Permits will need to be re-purchased per NPS policies.
- Routes and trips are proposed and might change. Although we will do everything in our power to make sure trips are as described, we may change routes, locations, or times to ensure the safety of our guests and guides.
- We cannot be responsible for wind, weather, waves, rain, heat, flash floods, earthquakes, or unforeseen circumstances.
- Desert Adventures reserves the right to cancel trips due to weather or unsafe conditions. In this case, we will reschedule, issue a credit, or refund money, depending on individual circumstances.
- Desert Adventures does not cancel trips due to rain.
- If the trip departs as scheduled, the above cancellation policy will apply.
- All parties will be responsible for returning equipment undamaged and properly cleaned. Equipment will be inspected for cracks, holes, missing parts, or other damages, and persons responsible for damage will be held liable.
- Boats are fragile and should not be dragged. Sitting on boat decks could cause boats to crack or break and should be avoided. Handle boats with care.
- Boats which are not tied off and consequently float away or sink will be replaced by the customer at market value. We use top of the line equipment, so failure to tie your boat up could cost you thousands of dollars. Please be careful and always secure your paddle craft.
- Be cautious and avoid rocks, reefs, buoys, and other obstacles which could create a hazardous condition. If you are renting equipment, you are assuming the risk and responsibility for that equipment and the safety of yourself and your group.